1.Big yellow express and its affiliates, employers, agents or subcontractors (“we”, “our” or “us”, “the Contractor”) are dedicated to provide a satisfying experience for everyone using their services. In order to do so, we need to establish certain terms and conditions (“Terms of service”) to which all customers (“you”, “your” or “the Customer”) must agree for the mutual benefit and protection.
2.“Goods” refers to the goods being moved and/or delivered.
all our booking times are estimated ,please allow 20 minutes for traffic and road works .
The quote is given as a fixed price(for hours selected only) and does not include any additional material, parking fees, insurance, storage or any other fees whatsoever.
- Any custom duties and government fees or other statutory fees are not included and will be payable in addition to your quoted price.
- If there are circumstances that have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation, it may be amended or additional charges may be made. These factors include but are not limited to:
- currency fluctuation
- freight taxation
- delivery of Goods on floors upper than ground
- delays outside of our control
- limited access to collection/delivery point
- others, not listed here
- The signed quote is not acting as an agreement and does not initiate the contract until we send you a dispatching confirmation text to your mobile that we are available at the required day. Such confirmation will be sent to you within one hour from when we receive your acceptance of our quotation.
Work not included in our quotations
Unless previously agreed in writing we will not:
- Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Move storage heaters (unless previously dismantled).
- Move items from a loft (unless well illuminated with safe access via staircase).
- any waste which leave our vans dirty and make it impossible for the next customer to use.
- Undertake any work our removal staff is not authorised or qualified to carry out, which may effectively cause damage or harm.
- It’s the customers responsibility to provide parking (reserve a space for the van outside of property before our arrival or arrange a suspension or permit where necessary with local council). If there is no pre-arranged parking and our van receives a ticket, it will be the customer’s responsibility to pay the fine to the driver at the end of job.
- It’s the customer’s responsibility to pack everything properly. We do not accept responsibility for damage or breakage caused by poor packing.
- It’s the customer’s responsibility to make sure that all items will fit in the new premises. (E.g. wardrobe, bed, sofa etc…) We are not insured for removing any doors or making new entrances to the premises.
- If any delay is caused by the customer (e.g. everything is not packed, waiting for keys, incorrect address, etc.) we reserve the right to add an extra cost to the final bill.
- All goods in transit are insured for £1000. Any claim which exceeds this amount is non-refundable. Our excess is £100. Our insurance covers items in transit only. It will not cover any damage which happens outside the van or inside a property. If you need any further cover for moving, contact your insurance company and get appropriate insurance cover.Once we receive your Goods’ value declaration and you agree to pay the additional charge then we pass your details to our third party insurer .please be aware you need to take the policy out with us in order to claim any damages to your items for up to the £1000 mentioned above ,we charge £25 per each journey and it will be taken of your bank account at the time of your booking even if you agreed to pay cash on completion to our drivers .
- If we are not told that a job may need multiple journeys you may incur a fuel charge.
- If the customer chooses our no-loading service they are solely liable for any damage to their goods, the driver will not have any involvement in the loading and unloading of goods. Our insurance will only cover your goods in the event of a road traffic accident.
- Arrival time on any job is estimated. We will do our best to be on time, but there may be delays caused by circumstances out of our control. (e.g. weather, traffic…).
- We do not accept responsibility for any customer losses due to pick-up/delivery delays beyond our control. We will not offer any refunds for lateness.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error
If the customer cancel the booking after it has already been confirmed, the customer will be charged 50% of the confirmed amount. If you change or cancel the booking within 24 hours before the job is scheduled to take place, you will be charged in full.
Any job not paid upon completion will be subject to a discretionary 100% surcharge.
We reserve the right to change or cancel any bookings.
We reserve the right, upon non-payment of cancellation charge, to register your details with various blacklists and credit reference agencies.
If you need to complain:
We aim to provide you with a high level of service at all times. However, there may be a time when you feel that our service has fallen below the standard you expect. If this is the case and you want to complain, we will do our best to try and resolve the situation.
There are several ways you can contact us:
phone: 020 3441 2272
email : email@example.com
post: 80 broad street,teddington,TW11 8QT